UFC 249 gets underway in a little over 24 hours, with the first fight set to get underway at 6:30 p.m. ET on ESPN. Ryan Spann will take on Sam Alvey in a light heavyweight fight to start the card, and it will culminate with Tony Ferguson and Justin Gaethje squaring off for the interim lightweight title.
Money will be coming in at DraftKings Sportsbook on all 12 fights right up until each fight gets underway. There are all sorts of ways to bet on the fights, including length, how it ends, and winning round. For now, we’ll keep it simple and offer up what the betting public is looking for on the money line. If you’re looking to make picks for each fight, the betting public can offer some insight into each matchup.
Below we’ve posted the full 12-fight card with how many has been bet as of Friday morning. The favorites are generally getting bet pretty heavily, but there are some exceptions. The most notable is the featherweight fight between Jeremy Stephens and Calvin Kattar. Although Stephens entered Friday a +206 underdog, 63% of total bets and 835 of the betting handle are on him to win.
Other than that, it’s primarily splits in betting for dogs. For example, in the women’s strawweight fight between Carla Esparza and Michelle Waterson, Esparza is a -150 favorite and getting 52% of the betting handle, while Waterson is a +125 underdog and getting 61%of total bets. In the welterweight fight between Anthony Pettis and Donald Cerrone, Pettis is a -143 favorite and getting 67% of the betting handle, while Cerrone is a +118 underdog and getting 53% of total bets.
Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje, lightweight interim title
- Ferguson: -186, 79% handle, 69% bets
- Gaethje: +158, 21% handle, 31% bets
Henry Cejudo (c) vs. Dominick Cruz, bantamweight title
- Cejudo: -210, 64% handle, 64% bets
- Cruz: +175, 36% handle, 36% bets
Francis Ngannou vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik, heavyweight
- Ngannou: -278, 76% handle, 73% bets
- Rozenstruik: +225, 24% handle, 27% bets
Jeremy Stephens vs. Calvin Kattar, featherweight
- Stephens: +206, 83% handle, 68% bets
- Kattar: -250, 17% handle, 32% bets
Greg Hardy vs. Yorgan De Castro, heavyweight
- Hardy: -200, 55% handle, 51% bets
- De Castro: +165, 45% handle, 49% bets
Anthony Pettis vs. Donald Cerrone, welterweight
- Pettis: -143, 67% handle, 47% bets
- Cerrone: +118, 33% handle, 53% bets
Aleksei Oleinik vs. Fabricio Werdum, heavyweight
- Oleinik: +250, 41% handle, 34% bets
- Werdum: -335, 59% handle, 66% bets
Carla Esparza vs. Michelle Waterson, women’s strawweight
- Esparza: -150, 52% handle, 39% bets
- Waterson: +125, 48% handle, 61% bets
Uriah Hall vs. Ronaldo Souza, middleweight
- Hall: +106, 46% handle, 50% bets
- Souza: -125, 54% handle, 50% bets
Vicente Luque vs. Niko Price, welterweight
- Luque: -265, 77% handle, 67% bets
- Price: +216, 23% handle, 33% bets
Bryce Mitchell vs. Charles Rosa, featherweight
- Mitchell: -162, 59% handle, 66% bets
- Rosa: +136, 41% handle, 34% bets
Ryan Spann vs. Sam Alvey, light heavyweight
- Spann: -420, 79% handle, 79% bets
- Alvey: +325, 21% handle, 21 % bets
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA) or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN) or 1-800-522-4700 (NH/CO). NH/NJ/WV/IN/PA/CO only. 21+ (18+ NH). Eligibility Restrictions Apply. See website for details.